Thursday, February 12, 2015

Açai Banana Smoothie



I guess you could say my smoothie making career started when I was freshly 16 and got my first job ever at a Jamba Juice. Those weren't exactly the healthiest smoothies so I've now graduated to using ingredients like açai powder and chia seeds and they taste so much better! This smoothie by FAR is my favorite that I make and its a great breakfast to take with you on the go!


This smoothie requires minimal fuss and not too many ingredients…

:RECIPE:
 1 C of raspberries
1 TBSP of Chia Seed
1 TBSP of Açai powder
Juice from 1 Apple 
2 frozen bananas*

:DIRECTIONS:
1. Juice one apple. Then set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a food processor. You can use a blender but I find the processor works better!
3. ENJOY!

* The night before I usually peel 2 bananas and put them in the freezer. 

For an even more filling meal I will sometimes put the smoothie mix in a bowl with Grapenuts and eat it like cereal!



No comments:

Post a Comment