Monday, February 16, 2015

DIY: Books + Pom Poms


I have always been able to see DIY potential in almost anything… kind of my sixth sense. My mom actually found this book, And The Pursuit of Happiness by Maira Kalman, and after letting her read the book I began tearing it apart and collecting my favorite illustrations. 


:SUPPLIES:

So it is pretty simple. Find a graphic novel, I would recommend any book by Maira Kalman because every image carries meaning beyond the surface and they are usually accompanied by a witty, quick phrase. 

Then buy pom -poms or fringe (I bought these from Anthropologie). 

Have a glue gun on hand. I will find any excuse to use a glue gun, but that's just me! If you don't have one, any craft store will sell them for $8-12.



:DIRECTIONS:
Once you've collected your supplies…

1. I always start in the left bottom corner for some reason. I might have a slight case of OCD… You can start in any corner really.

2. Apply the glue every 2-3 inches.

3. When you reach a corner, apply the glue in a backwards L shape then curve the trim along the corner of the page.

4. Once you reach the corner you began, cut the trim where both ends meet.

5. Find the perfect wall to hang up your new piece of art!











No comments:

Post a Comment