Monday, March 23, 2015

Potato - Asparagus Salad + My Cooking Challenge


My cooking challenge is coming along very well. I am becoming more confident when I cook and I love how I am even surprising myself with my skills! The Forest Feast by Erin Gleason has been such a great help and has even let me get a little creative in the way create and display the dishes. Her recipes are easy to follow and are never over complicated, perfect for someone who is just getting her bearings in the kitchen. 


Originally the recipe was a Potato and Green Bean Salad and while I didn't have any green beans in the kitchen, they also aren't my first choice vegetable, so I opted to use asparagus which I can't get enough of! 

The dressing can either be a simple rice vinegar and olive oil combo OR you can be a little more adventurous and mix it with her Greek Caesar Dressing that I could drink like soup it's so good!

:INGREDIENTS:
25 Mini Potatoes(I used fingerling)
6 Garlic Cloves
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

10-15 stalks of Asparagus

3/4 cup Olive Oil
2 whole Garlic Cloves
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard



:DIRECTIONS:
1. Turn the oven on to 425 degrees and place the potatoes and garlic on a tray and sprinkle the olive oil, salt and pepper on top. Let them roast for about 25 minutes. 

2. While they cook, lightly cook the asparagus in a skillet with some olive oil for about 5 minutes. 

3. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a jar and shake until well combined.

4. Once both are cooled toss them together and combine with the dressing! Then try and stop yourself from eating the entire thing!


This dish has so far been one of my favorites and I can't wait to make more of it this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment