Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Raspberry Chocolate Ricotta Mousse Cups + My Loyalty to Parisien Yogurt



So continue my cooking and baking attempts found in the beautiful Forest Feast cookbook. I thought I'd try a dessert today since my sweet tooth is above average, and I had the perfect jars to display the finished products in! 

The jars I used were from my time spent living in Paris. They were actually old yogurt containers that I had saved and lugged back with me. Paris obviously takes its yogurt game pretty seriously, and Danone puts its yogurts into ceramic clay jars that you can reuse. Let's just say that I was such a die hard yogurt fan there that my apartment probably could have been a designated redistribution center for those jars, and now I am always finding different ways to reuse them.  


In each recipe I recreate I am always searching for ways to somehow make it my own or simply use what I have in the kitchen and adapt the recipe. The original recipe didn't call for any raspberries but I think they add a nice balance and tartness to the dish. 

The chocolate shavings I used were actually from chocolate my parents and I had brought back with us from South Africa from our day of vineyard hopping across the countryside of Capetown. 


:INGREDIENTS:

4 oz. chocolate (any kind)- usually 1 bar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 TBSP brown sugar
2 cups ricotta
1 container of whipped cream



:DIRECTIONS:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. 

Since the bar of chocolate I used wasn't exactly 4 oz. I tossed in a handful or so of chocolate chips as well. 

2. Blend everything together in a food processor for no more than a minute.

After I blended it for 30 seconds I stopped to taste it to see if there was anything else it was missing. It still tasted very ricotta-y so I added a little more brown sugar. Then blended it for about 10 seconds. 

3. Spoon the mixture into 3-4 small ramekins or small containers then let them chill for about an hour. 

I used ramekins as well as old clay yogurt containers that I had carried home with me from my time living in Paris. 

4. Once they have chilled, remove them from the fridge and garnish them with whipped cream and whatever toppings you like. 

I always love how raspberries taste with chocolate so I added some to the top of my desserts.





No comments:

Post a Comment